On Tuesday March 14th 2017 the SNAG group took part in a healthy eating cookery workshop with Richard Shaw from www.cookingtogether.wales . Here are some of the SNAG group’s thoughts and comments:
- He told us to clean our hands before we cook. We made wraps and flapjacks. The wraps had pepper, tomato, cheese and cucumber(in them) and the flapjacks had just fruit – blueberries and banana. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN! MG
- We made a lot of mess. We took out yummy food home. We tried pineapple. AG and EJ
- He was enthusiastic about healthy food. WJ
- We had a quiz about sugar. Mr Shaw told us always try something new even if it’s not your favourite. He told us – do not eat too much sugar. AG KG
- He told us we are only allowed 25 grams of sugar a day and that’s one tablespoon. RR GH
- He told us that we need to try something new because most of us did not like the ingredients. LO-K MT.