The children researched favourite animals and used the interesting facts they had learnt (and there were many! Thank you Year 1, we all learnt something new and interesting!!) to write a factual report about their favourite animal, with emphasis on:
- Including a / some describing words and possibly some alliteration;
- Remembering to put a capital letter at the beginning of the writing and a full stop at the end with some independence.
- Editing the writing to include all capitals and full stops in the correct places.
- Ensuring tall letters (including capitals) are clearly taller.
- Making sure spaces between words are clear.
We then painted a picture to accompany our writing for the school art competition.
Thank you also to everyone who took part in the home art competition – the children were able to explain superbly well how the models/pictures were created and how they linked to the theme ‘Y Dyfodol’ (The Future).