Y1 - Amser Nadolig
We have undertaken a wide range of activities in Year 1 in Autumn Term 2 to develop our understanding of Christmas including:
- Exploring different art works that represents the angel visiting Mary;
- Exploring how the shepherds felt when they were visited by a host of angels;
- Painting some amazing shepherd pictures!
- Playing Nativity themed games and exploring the story further on the class computers;
- Making a Christmas card to give to someone.
We have also:
- Explored the meanings of the three gifts the wise men gave;
- Compared and contrasted Christmas traditions in Wales and in Slovakia (including a visit on St Nicolas’ day by the man himself who left raisins in our shoes when we were busy in the hall!!);
- Taken part in the Infant Nativity play (including some amazing Year 1 singing!);
- Re told the Nativity story using connectives;
- Enjoyed our Infant Christmas party.